On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:10:20 +0000, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>But, in all cases nobody was required to specify job classes when we were done.
>And, if they did, they were ignored -- T/M set the class.

That's the way it should be done.  We run TM on some LPARs and (unfortunately)
do more verification / canceling of jobs that don't follow standards or have
correct accounting codes etc. than we should do, but that was set up before my
time here and probably coded that way to replace equivalent JES2 exit
functionality instead of re-thinking about what should be done from the ground
up.  But in many cases we do ignore what's there in the JCL and just do what's
appropriate for our installation.

The same should be done for things like region sizes.  Why should an
end user need to worry about all the JOBCLASS standards and region size
defaults in JES2 or overriden via IEFUSI. Especially in installations that
have different  environments with different standards (due to consolidations).

Just submit a job and be done with it.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO