are they running ACF2 ?

             Richard Peurifoy
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             AMU.EDU>                                                   To
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: 125 JES internal reader
                                       allocation failed

             03/28/2007 04:46
             PM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

Charles Mills wrote:
> The customer has increased and increased INTRDR= and the error is still
> occurring.
>
> Again, this is with FTP scripts that are otherwise working widely so it
is
> not something real simple and stupid. It is an intermittent error. The
> customer claims he is not seeing INTRDR allocation errors otherwise.
>
> FWIW:
>
> 8I A D/INTRDR
> IAT8522 JOB INTRDR   (JOB27794) ACTIVE ON INTRDR            0072.11MIN
> IAT8522 JOB INTRDR   (JOB28789) ACTIVE ON INTRDR            0050.47MIN
> IAT8523 INTRDR COUNTS - MAX=(030,010), ACT=0002, FCT=002,HWATER=0180
>
> Charles

I think there may be a misunderstanding about what the INTRDR
parameter does in JES3. Jobs do not directly allocate INTRDR's,
but write to a spool file that is then queued to an INTRDR.
Changing this parm only affects how many INTRDR's are reading
from this queue. Jobs can keep allocating and writing to
SYSOUT=(x,,INTRDR) as long as there is spool space irregardless
of the number of INTRDR's.

Check out

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1PK39249

for a possible solution.