In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 03/28/2007
   at 02:58 AM, Dave Salt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>The original poster said something along the lines of "I don't want
>to keep scraps of paper with all my DB2 table names on it". In
>support of that, I  used an analogy that even though Windows doesn't
>natively support PDF  documents, the operating system itself will
>display PDF files in a list. In  contrast, which "native" ISPF
>application would a person have to go into to  see a list of all
>their DB2 tables?

You still haven't identified any situation in which windoze identifies
things that it hasn't been told about. Which native windoze
application knows about DB2 tables. Or messages in a mailfile for that
matter? It's the responsibility of the application to provide the
information the OS needs to recognize objects managed by that
application.