In a message dated 3/29/2007 3:07:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>When did Wylbur become SuperWylbur?

To add a little more to Steve Thompson's reply:
WYLBUR, and its required telecommunications component ORVYL (might not have
spelled that one right, but how clever), were developed at NIH and thus were
in  the public domain.  At some point long ago, someone took a copy of the
WYLBUR from the public domain, made large enhancements to it, and declared that

new version to be in the private domain and an asset of Optimum Systems, Inc.,
 headquartered in the SanFranBay area somewhere (I think Palo Alto).  OSI
began marketing this proprietary WYLBUR on their time-sharing service bureaus
in
 Palo Alto and Rockville, MD, where I worked in the late 1970s.  OSI's
developers then made a super-enhanced version that they named SuperWylbur.   I
left
their employ in 1978, lost touch with all the people, and didn't keep up
with the company or its products.  A few years after I left, OSI was sold  to
someone.  Judging from Steve's post, that someone must have been, or  ended up
being, ACS.  SuperWylbur became the asset of the principle  developer who
worked
on it when I was with them, but he was not the original  author.  I remember
a lot of developers' names at both NIH and OSI,  but have no clue where they
are now, except that you can reach Superwylbur  Systems, Inc. by GOOGLEing for
that name or I can give you my last known contact  info via email.

Bill Fairchild
Plainfield, IL