On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 08:00:25 -0500, McKown, John
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>As a user, I will say that we use VDR and it is quite nice. We use it to
>create disaster copies of tapes in our VTS onto 3592J tapes.

<snip>

Who uses VDR with VSM?  DR was one of the primary considerations in
going to the STK (Sun/STK) product when we needed more capacity and
were moving to a near 100% virtual environment 5 years ago.  VSM can
duplex to back end tapes natively without any extra software that needs
to be purchased.  Those tapes can be sent off site for DR.   Does VTS
now have that ability?

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO