Were they using the MF platform?  Has this been established?  Did I miss
something?

Ed Gould <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
04/04/2007 08:32 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: T.J. Maxx data theft worse than first reported

On Apr 4, 2007, at 4:20 PM, Anne & Lynn Wheeler wrote:

> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to bit.listserv.ibm-
> main,alt.folklore.computers as well.

I looked for this article online but apparently its not there yet.
According to Network World (4/2/2007) .. Part of the "problem" is:

"older legacy systems are difficult. because  the industry just
doesn't have the tools (to encrypt data)", "There are other controls
you can put in place place around those."

Talk about MF bashing.

Ed