At 4/6/2007 02:38 AM, TSipples wrote:
Shmuel Metz writes:
It was dereliction of duty to not report prices on, e.g., the P390, MP2000, MP3000.

Duty?  I'm just a guy with ibm.com in my e-mail address.  Nothing in my job
description requires me to hang out here.  It's just for fun.  And I
definitely speak my own personal opinions.

Come on, Tim. Seymour's reference to "Duty" was in reaction to your own statement, "Myth buster reporting for duty."

And Seymour's right, you then went on to totally miss the point that, outside of the currently dying FLES-ES offerings, IBM's pricing structure is simply not affordable to small businesses such as mine and many others who are developing products for the z/OS world.

Your whole post seeks only to confuse the issue by implicitly using a definition of "small business" that, in reality, is way larger than any of us, and then you go on to tout all the wonderful things that you are doing for them. Well, that is NOT what this thread is about.

Our problem is, the FLEX-ES system was the only IBM sanction platform that many of the small developers could afford, and now the availability of that platform is in its death throws, and IBM does not seem to be doing anything at all to provide a realistic successor solution.

We're crying for help, and all you (IBM) are doing is blowing smoke!

Dave Cole              REPLY TO: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cole Software          WEB PAGE: http://www.colesoft.com
736 Fox Hollow Road    VOICE:    540-456-8536
Afton, VA 22920        FAX:      540-456-6658