Greetings.  I am creating a new SCLM project and have experimented my
brains out but have yet to resolve two issues.  Several of us are
implementing SCLM source control for our products, but there isn't a lot
of expertise around yet.

1) Structured Macros (HLASM)
Any program which contains structured macros are getting build errors on
IF,ELSE,ENDIF etc.  Member ASMMSP is in a non-SCLM controlled library
which is in my SYSLIB in the SCLM language definition.

As a rule, we COPY ASMMSP from within a macro which is part of our
normal program prologue.  To correct this I tried coding COPY ASMMSP at
the top of the program (rather than having it nested in our macro) but
that did not help.  I also tried SINC ASMMSP and INCLD ASMMSP in my (CC)
ARCHDEF for the source program.  No Joy.  I know this can be done.  What
is the trick?

2) DB2 SQL Precompile with HLASM
Most of my DB2 programs which contain SQL are fine, but several contain
statements in DSECTs such as:

NORMAL_VAR    DS  A
HOSTVARNAME  SQL TYPE IS ROWID
HOSTVARNAME2 SQL TYPE IS BLOB_LOCATOR

But, I get BUILD error FLM43001 for TYPE: MACLIB  MEMBER: SQL.  So, it
obviously does not recognize that syntax.  Again, there MUST be a way to
do this since that syntax has been valid for quite a while.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Ken Kornblum
Product Author
Neon Enterprise Software Inc.