Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:
In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 04/09/2007
   at 03:21 PM, Bruno Sugliani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

As for security , there are more hackers in the world than MVS
sysprogs or  MVS installation on this earth .

MVS applications do not normally run user-supplied code; m$
applications do. That's the main source of all of those exploits.

I'm not sure I follow you there, Shmuel. If an installation
writes their own applications (not so much today as in the
past, due to pre-packaged off-the-shelf apps), that's user-
supplied code. Or do you mean "user" in the end-user kind
of interpretation? If so, I'm not sure of an example of a
MS app running user code.

Ah, wait. do you mean, for example, macros in Word documents?

Kind regards,

Add to that the number of m$ applications that are tied into the OS
and security breaches are inevitable.

--
-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

** Spring Promotion **
    10% - 15% off for classes booked by April 30, 2007
              to be taught by September 30, 2007
    Call or email for details.
** Spring Promotion **