Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:57 PM
Subject: IBM IOSCDR service or way to find if OFFLINE volume exists from
z/OS

Hi,

I am trying to determine if an OFFLINE volume exists without trying to
VARY it on-line.   I would like to automate a manual process of checking
for off-line volumes our storage team performs.  The process is only
marginally automated because it currently requires manual updates to
configuration files that tell us what units are really valid in the
storage processors.