In a recent note, Clem Clarke said:

> Date:         Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:11:45 +0800
>
> I have spent some years studying this problem and have developed some
> User friendly C macros that solve the problem.

These are reminiscent of the StrAllocCat, StrAllocCopy, et. al.
family of string functions which are used in Mosaic and its
browser progeny.  References at site:w3.org and site:webhistory.org
for example.

We're in agreement tnat C strings were ill-conceived.  z/OS Unix
services BPX1* assembler callable interfaces wisely eschewed them
in favor of descriptors.  Are your macros compatible with either
the descriptors used by PL/I or those used by BPX1*?  (Are the
two the same?)

-- gil
--
StorageTek