< Snip >

When the (original) z/Series roadshow rolled into town, consolidation
was *the* message. I posited that IBM seemed to be encouraging customers
to dismantle parallel sysplex(es) and consolidate to a single CEC.
Was (of course) rejected by the assembled blue army, but blind Freddy
could see the end result, even then.
What I see happening is more M-thingies (MIP, MSU, Marketing blurb, ...)
being sold to fewer sites. And too many of them out-sourcers.

< Snip>

I would add to that the section describing LPAR groups and controls on
capacity for a group of LPAR's.  Who needs that feature in a corporate
environment except outsourcers running multiple clients on a single CEC?

Tom Moulder
My opinions.

Ps..  for all of those who did not join the Parallel Sysplex move in the
past, the hardware might just ending up proving you right in that decision.