What does D C say?  Does z/OS still think the device is a console?  If so,
IEARELCN is what you need to do.

Or, a sysplex wide IPL - one where the sysplex is reinitialized.  An example,
SYSA, SYSB, SYSC are in a sysplex.  You shut down all three, and you know
that SYSC was the last system to shut down.  Now, you IPL SYSA or SYSB.
This will force the sysplex to reinitialize.

Brian