-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom Marchant
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 9:25 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Ulterior Motive for IBM's Lawsuits

<snip>

I don't know, but I don't see any connection.

<snip>

If I read the articles correctly, there was mention of emulation of
instructions mentioned in the articles. It got me to wondering, does IBM
see an upcoming problem and so is trying to protect itself in some
fashion? Would this be why they pulled the patent licensing statement,
and the rug out from under Fundamental Software?

Given how much Herc is out there (rumor has it that certain places are
running IBM software w/o license north of NZ -- not quite deja-vu all
over again), I started to put things together, correctly or not.

At this point, I'm just trying to figure out if there is a relationship
here, and what the ultimate ramifications will be.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- Std disclaimer applies, opinions expressed are strickly my own --