-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark H. Young
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:04 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: MVS as a guest OS at D/R

<SNIP>

For some unknown and undetermined reason, z/OS is NOT looking for the
correct member in SYS1.PARMLIB.
**NOTE:  I do NOT have the screen print with the error msg NOR do I have
a copy of the actual error msg.  Sorry.

But z/OS is looking for member IEASYSCM in SYS1.PARMLIB, because we
have:   IEASYM   (CM,RR)   coded in the LOADxx member in SYS1.IPLPARM.

We do NOT get:
IEE252I MEMBER IEASYMCM FOUND IN SYS1.PARMLIB
IEE252I MEMBER IEASYMRR FOUND IN SYS1.PARMLIB

So, the upshot is that z/OS is not resolving the system symbols
correctly.
Our current work around is to bypass system symbols right now.
My guess is that this is a problem within the VM definition in the VM
directory.
That VM and MVS are not handshaking and making nice, ay?!
<SNIP>

Look at IEASYMxx for the VM info. You will need to define your GUEST
name to get the symbols you want. This is done with VMUSERID.

So you have to know your GUEST names ("CMS" ids) in advance and set up
your IEASYMxx member(s) accordingly.

Regards,
Steve Thompson