I've never had a problem with CICS and velocity. We do about 3/4 of a
million trans./day and get a couple of tenths to a half second response. I
attended a Share WLM free for all about 3 - 4 years ago where CICS
transaction goals vs. velocity goal management almost turned into a free
for all with regards to the panel of experts. One expert was firm that if
it ain't broke don't fix it, the others were less flexible with their
opinions.

Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
05/04/2007 07:33 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: WLM questions

>Do what you need to meet the business goals.

I (obviously) agree.

But, there are lot of 'experts' out there, that are paid the big bucks,
telling us 'we must'.

I won't mention any names, because I respect them, but they are telling us
to do the wrong things.

If response (and business) goals are being met, it doesn't matter if the
implementation is velocity or transaction!

IPS/ICS worked with people who knew!
Velocity goals are the same.

Response/service is what matters.

As long as CMF reports response at what we are getting, we are not going
to implement transaction goals.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!