Back when I worked at EDS in the mid 80's, they called programmers Systems
Engineers. (SE's) They even had a program to develop programmers called the SED
program. (also had a OPD program - Operations Personnel Development) Needless
to say, when I hear the term Systems Engineers I think of programmers not
Systems Programmers.

  Bill Johnson
  Systems Programmer and former Systems Engineer

 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.