On Fri, 11 May 2007 14:16:26 -0500, Mark Zelden wrote:

>On Fri, 11 May 2007 14:09:54 -0500, Tom Marchant <m42tom-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>>
>>System software does not belong on SMS managed volumes.
>
>You forgot to add "IMO" prior to that statement.

Yes, you're right.  Thanks for the correction.

>While I personally don't prefer it, there is nothing wrong with SMS controlling
>all you can - and I have been at shops that do so.  It can make software
>installation much easier.

In fact, I've done it too.  You have to be careful with it though.  I was 
thinking in terms of DDDEFS pointing to the correct volume.  In an SMS 
environment, you have to use different DSNAMEs for each target zone, rather 
than go by VOLUME.

-- 
Tom Marchant

----------------------------------------------------------------------
For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

Reply via email to