From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Shane
Sent: 12 May 2007 01:32
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ISR only with SW contract

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 09:32 -0400, Kurt Quackenbush wrote:

> Yes, this sounds very strange to me as well.  The only thing you need is
> an id on ShopzSeries so that you can obtain a certificate that will
> identify you to the server.  I don't believe getting a ShopzSeries id is
> related to a SW support contract, so I think what you heard is false.
> Perhaps someone is confusing SMP/E Internet Service Retrieval with some
> of the fee service offerings (the names of which escape me).

Perhaps you  might investigate this Kurt.
Some little time back (Jan 1, 2005 maybe) things changed. Shopz used to
have a simple (well, IBM web-based - you get the idea) registration -
for themselves.
Was flexible enough for me to use for several different clients.

Then they changed to using the "one-and-only" IBM id.
After it changed I was unable to place an order for a (any) customer
with my "one-and-only" id because it has (er had) a non-customer email
address. My email address at an IBM business partner who sells these
particular customers their processors/services.
I now have to get a (valid) email address at each customer - seems it
must be in a domain name registered to the client. Then I update my
"one-and-only" id profile, then place the order with the applicable
(IBM) customer number, then hope the mail comes through.
Rinse and repeat for next customer.
Serious PITA.

I raised this with ISC here in Australia, and they didn't appear to
believe me initially. Finally got through to some-one who was prepared
to follow it up and the response was:
"tough".
The process had changed, and we had all better learn to live with it.

Shane ...