From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matt Simpson
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 8:38 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: How to reload SSL certificate for z/OS TN3270 server

Our SSL certificate is about to expire, and we have received a renewal
certificate.  Does the TN3270 server read the certificate each time a
connection is established, so it will get the new one as soon as it is
updated?  Or is the certificate loaded into memory when the server is
started, so that some action is necessary to reload  it?  And if it has
to be reloaded, what is the least disruptive way to do it?  I assume
restarting the TCP/IP system would do it, but that tends to make the
phones ring.
--
Matt Simpson --  z/OS Support
219 McVey Hall  -- (859) 257-2900 x300