On Fri, 18 May 2007 09:51:23 +0200, Vernooy, C.P. - SPLXM
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Robert Bardos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
>>
>> Naive idea: why not provide system symbols for all of these
>> (submission time, conversion time, execution time)?  SYSSTIME,
>> SYSCTIME, SYSETIME?
>>
>> Robert
>>

>Of which system? Jobs can travel through serveral systems in an NJE
>network, submitted on system1, converted on system2 executed on system3,
>each with their own timesettings.

Well, let's see....  If I submit a job on system1 and ask for submission time,
think I would want system1's time.  If I submit it to run on system3 and ask
for executuion time, I think I want system3's time.  Of course, if e.g. system3
is a sysplex with images running in different time zones, I'd probably want GMT
time.

> Dataset1 gets timestamp 10:00, the
>*next* dataset2 can get timestamp 09:10 if created 10 minutes after
>dataset1. Quite confusing.

I can't see how that would happen unless the two time stamps were based
upon a different kind of time.  Or perhaps if the job terminated and was
restarted on a different member in the 'plex that ran in a different time zone
and I was asking for local time.

--
Tom Marchant