Yers.

I can't remember a seal problem.  There were problems sometimes which were
supposedly to do
with the lubricant on the heads (they land on the pack when it's switched off)
causing
stiction if the drive wasn't powered up for a while. Not a problem with Hitachi
or Amdahl, not
too bad with IBM units, worse with Memorex, a lot worse with STC, and Darren
would go
absolutely postal if I used the correct language to describe ISS drives.

They're quite maintenance-intensive - certainly by modern standards.  There's a
HUGE filter in
the back of the drive that needs changing (IIRC) about every three months.
They also pull a
fair bit of current - it would be that that worried me, rather than the weight.
 And, of
course, the weight of a 3880.

--
  Phil Payne