-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Debbie Mitchell
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 12:20 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: VTAM question (***)

On Mon, 21 May 2007 17:11:41 +0200, Chris Mason
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I can't say I'd ever performed this sort of research but isn't the need

>to regenerate - including reassembly - customized tables one of the
>sorts of issues covered by the documentation a systems programmer goes
>through when planning a new release?

As it turns out, the version of ISTINCLM in use here is not IBM's
default.
<SNIP>

You might check (if possible) to see if the userss PROFILEs were changed
such that they no longer specify "MAX" for the terminal size (formerly
done with =0 and the setting of the terminal types, models, etc.).

I have changed my emulation to a customized emulation (MOD-9, uh, that's
132x43, or MOD4+5, your similarly described MOD9 might be 72lines by 160
chars), that is, non-standard 3270 sizes. I have also noticed the "***"
when MOD2 is forced (always done just before and right after ISPF
termination). But I got rid of it happening here and there under ISPF by
forcing MAX for all sessions that I have (multiple IDs and multiple
LPARS).

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- STD. Disclaimer: Poster's posting may not be in line with poster's
employer.
YMMV.
The Three Stooges did not approve of this posting. --