Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: DISP=(MOD,DELETE)

If you specify unit and volser, SPACE parameter is not required.
If you don't specify unit & volser - that mean you want to use catalog, then SPACE is mandatory for non-existent dataset. Obviously SMS-managed dataset are cataloged, so my previous answer was "almost true" as IBM answer above <g>

Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

----- Original Message ----- From: "TISLER Zaromil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>