On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:11:11 -0500, Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 23 May 2007 09:57:24 -0500, Matthew Stitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>>I've not noticed this before.  My memory on this behavior was that
>>SYS1.LINKLIB, SYS1.CSSLIB, and SYS1.MIGLIB were placed at the top of the
>>LNKLST if they were not specified.  Otherwise they were placed where you
>>specified them.
>>

>>Of course this understanding goes back a long way, maybe MVS/XA days.
>>
>>And I do use the SYSLIB entries in PROGxx to give me a method for placing
>>modules ahead of those in these libraries for over-ride purposes.
>>

>AFAIK, when you use SYSLIB, they must be included manually and go where
>you put them.
>
>"When you use SYSLIB statements to change the defaults, you must ensure
>that SYS1.LINKLIB, SYS1.MIGLIB, and SYS1.CSSLIB are defined to
>the LNKLST concatenation and that SYS1.LPALIB is defined to the LPALST
>concatenation for the system."

Behavior is as wanted.  I just checked my system, and the manual placement
is honored if the SYSLIB is present.  Z/OS 1.8 is the one I just looked at.

And if the SYSLIB(s) are not present, the "magic" libraries are moved to the
head of the line irregardless of where you place them in the LNKLST definition.

>>Would be nice if we could specify more than one library in the SYSLIB
>parameter.
>>

>Can't you do this (untested):
>
>SYSLIB LINKLIB(your.dsn.#1)
>SYSLIB MIGLIB(your.dsn.#2)
>SYSLIB CSSLIB(your.dsn.#3)
>
>LNKLST DEFINE NAME(LINK01)
>LNKLST ADD NAME(LINK01)  DSN(your.dsn.#4)
>LNKLST ADD NAME(LINK01)  DSN(your.dsn.#n)
>LNKLST ADD NAME(LINK01)  DSN(SYS1.LINKLIB)
>LNKLST ADD NAME(LINK01)  DSN(SYS1.MIGLIB)
>LNKLST ADD NAME(LINK01)  DSN(SYS1.CSSLIB)
>LNKLST ADD NAME(LINK01)  DSN(yadayada)
>LNKLST ACTIVATE NAME(LINK01)

I use that example and it works with the desired result.  What I want is the
ability to specify more than one dataset name per SYSLIB card.

SYSLIB LINKLIB(SYS1.&SYSNAME..LINKLIB,SYS1.COMMON.LINKLIB)

And thanks for clarifying my memories.