I'm going to come in from the parking lot (beyond left field) on this.
What cannot be done a z/OS system is moving the TOD clock backwards in
time. From what I understand of the ETR and the new STP is that they
adjust the "speed" of the TOD clock to "steer" it towards the "correct"
time. Yes, this is a gross oversimplification.

However, it is perfectly permissible to change the LOCAL time via a SET
CLOCK=hh.mm.ss. We do this all the time on the DST change weekends. What
might be acceptable, or might not, would be to have an STC which is
based on the NTP code which basically issues this command "as needed" to
adjust the LOCAL time towards the "real time". I wonder how many shops
would find this acceptable? The times normally shown in things like the
MVS SYSLOG and JOBS is actually the LOCAL time. The time gotten via the
COBOL ACCEPT verb is the LOCAL time. The only thing that I am aware of
that does get the "local" time which is not based this way are programs
which use the LE services which are sensitive to the TZ environment
variable.

Just a weird thought. Now I can go home!

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.