Tony,

It is certainly something that can be done. For a lot of years now HDS have
had software that works with DB2 and Shadowimage now called "Database
Replication for IBM zOS" that can do this.

There are some customers that have adapted Mainstar products to work with
Shadowimage to achieve the same thing, and I'm sure it would work with other
products like FlashCopy, Timefinder and Snapshot.

Ron