<snip>

Can you share your experiences with us? We are just starting a zOS 1.6
-> 1.8 migration ourselves.

</snip)

Mark,

These are the issues we have had so far.

1. allocation problems when the allocation for the primary is greater
than one volume, SMS does not do space reduction as it should.
2. JES2 abends S0C1 and S0C4, hot start required
3. a WLM policy change causes jes2 to think it done not need to dispatch
work, you just have to install/activate a new policy.
4. LISTCAT for IDCAMS uses more memory, we had a lot of legacy jobs that
had a REGION=1024K coded (yes not the best thing)

Thanks,

Fletch (317) 817-3545

Dilbert - "I ask for so little..and boy do I get it."