-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ted MacNEIL
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [META] Is WaveMind spamming entire IBM-MAIN readership?

>"As an FYI, by law this email is not spam." along with the Congress
citation.

Which, according to an American lawyer I know, is bogus.
The law was never passed (as of a year ago).

Unsolicited e-mail is SPAM.
<SNIP>

While you and I agree it is SPAM, the U CAN SPAM act was passed into law
-- perhaps it is not the bill our friend has quoted, but never-the-less
it was passed into law.

After that happened, I quit battling SPAM and just basically deleted it.
The U CAN SPAM act basically says that if you do not commit fraud with
your subject line.....opt out directions.... Then you too can SPAM in
the USofA.

This overroad the various states' anti-spam statutes.

So much for trespass to chattel (or whatever that legal doctine was).

Regards,
Steve Thompson