I'm not sure I understand.... If your FTP client is on the system in question, then standard IP routing will controll the path to the remote server. I guess you have multiple paths and one is preferred, or this wouldn't be an issue. A route could be added to direct the traffic to a chosen path, but be careful, if the remote system doesn't have matching knowledge of the preferred route, it might send it's traffic back on a different route.

Some network hardware does bad things with asymetric traffic, if it never sees a source MAC for a target IP address, it has to broadcast those packets. That is how I learned more about Tivoli Storage Manager and why it KILLED my OSA traffic at times, even though it wasn't even on my box.

hi ,
as the subject, can I specify the OSA interface or source IP address during FTPing from z/OS to the other FTP server ? The FTP client is z/OS.

Thanks !
Laurence

cont
---