Field, Alan C. wrote:
We are about to implement cascaded FICON switches. Right now we have two
McDATA FICON switches with a number of DASD and TAPE devices connected.
The devices are all local and use a single byte link id (chan.link e.g.
4A.30).

We have to upgrade the McData's to allow cascading which apparently
introduces a 2 byte link id (5B.6120)

The question is: Can we mix one and two byte link ids or do we need to
change ALL the existing definitions to use two byte ids? We don't know
and we are getting conflicting answers from the various technical
"experts" providing this solution for us.

BTDT. AFAIR you don't need to change 'everything', but you have to change all the links connected to a given CU. However it's being done "automagically" - the only thing to do is to say OK.

Disclaimer: I'm 90% sure of that. Only 90%. <g>

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2007 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci
opacony) wynosi 118.064.140 z. W zwizku z realizacj warunkowego
podwyszenia kapitau zakadowego, na podstawie uchwa XVI WZ z dnia 21.05.2003
r., kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA moe ulec podwyszeniu do kwoty 118.760.528
z. Akcje w podwyszonym kapitale zakadowym bd w caoci opacone.