On Jun 14, 2007, at 5:18 PM, Kenneth E Tomiak wrote:

As I heard it, Corporate Executives, not system programmers, told IBM they needed the software installation simplified. ServerPac is the answer. It is dumbing down the field. You did mention looking at the apply, well here I am
again stating if the newer people are not looking at the JCL, they are
submitting they are certainly not looking at the output. Until it fails. As long as it works, submit and max return code 0 are all they believe they need to know. Sadly, I know a few people with years of experience who can not do
much more than this. I have my own issues with Serverpac and post
installation dialogs.

I had herd that as well. Of course the first day of education for SERV PAC the instructor said something to the effect that "somebody" wanted the servpac done so any application type could do it.

I was flabbergasted when I heard that. I laughed out loud. I did get a few looks as apparently there were some of those "types" in the class. It took maybe an hour after the class started to figure out who they were. They were totally lost by noon of the first day except for one and he was dazed and confused.

Ed