On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:16:53 -0500 Rick Fochtman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

:>>Hello: The manual z/OS
:>>DFSMS Macro Instructions for Data Sets SC26-7408-01 in Chapter 5 BLDL
:>>section states that "When the system returns control to the problem program,
:>>the low-order byte of
:>>register 15 contains a return code. The low-order byte of register 0
contains a
:>>reason code."

:>>Can one presume that the other 3 bytes of R15 and R0 are '0' (zero)?

:>Yes. In my experience that's the case.

Me too.

I have lots of code that check for zero/non-zero in the whole word.

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com