Hiya fellow list servers.  I've got a STUMPER for the resident braintrust.

Is there something I don't understand about Virtual Tape that I should,
or am I just missing it and very DENSE?!

A Virtual Tape should (does?) conform to the normal file-format standards as
would a *REAL* physical tape, yes?  And also regarding tape labels, DCB, etc.?

So if I had several DFDSS dumps on Virtual Tape (3490) and was copying each
of them off to just *ONE* real tape (3590), and stacking each as its own
LABEL=(#,SL) etc., using IEBGENER, it should work, YES?!

I am making the assumption that the *input* DCB would be copied to the
*output* DCB on the real tape, since I am processing with LABEL=SL ??
I'm getting conflicting DCB parameters, even when I specify input/output DCB
info, which for DFDSS is (RECFM=U,BLKSIZE=65520).

When I don't specify *ANY* DCB in the IEBGENER JCL, I get RC=12 and:
IEB352I WARNING: ONE OR MORE OF OUTPUT DCB PARMS COPIED FROM INPUT
IEB317I JOB TERMINATED,NO INPUT BLKSIZE/LRECL

Specifying *just* Input DCB or *both* Input/Output DCB:
IEB352I WARNING: ONE OR MORE OF OUTPUT DCB PARMS COPIED FROM INPUT
IEB368I SYSTEM DETERMINED BLKSIZE USED FOR OUTPUT
IEB311I CONFLICTING DCB PARAMETERS

I have used TAPEMAP to dump the input tapes to verify DCB info.

Any thoughts or direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

THANX,
.....mhyI