======  Ed Gould  ======  wrote    2007-06-21 21:58:
On Jun 21, 2007, at 4:44 AM, Thomas Berg wrote:
--------------SNIP----------

The consultants
howled as
they could no longer assemble programs (no access to sys1.maclib)

???

Our official language was COBOL nothing else was permitted into production. The consultants had a habit of doing the other work on our system, those contained assembler.

Ed

Still don't understand why they wasn't allowed to assemble their programs.
Were they doing "private" programming or what ?

Thomas Berg

--

    Mundus Vult Decipi

deserve neither liberty nor safety.
 - Benjamin Franklin

 Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
 - Groucho Marx