On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:28:20 -0500 Rick Fochtman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

:>------------------------<snip>--------------------
:>It is quite common HR policy. It is usually kept 'in secret' (in silence
:>at least), becasue it nothing to be proud of, but it is in quite common
:>use. From the other hand I know companies in Poland where people work
:>for two reasons:
:>
:>a) to get some experience, take some classes and go away with better CV.
:>b) because they don't want to learn, they don't want to work to hard,
:>usually they rather stupid than dumb.
:>
:>Since I part of my job is teaching on mainframe courses, I often meet
:>them (only mainframe staff in fact) and observe their careers. Sometimes
:>one can distinguish a and b -types during first lab.
:>-------------------------<unsnip>----------------------
:>There are also companys that will give you all the education you ask
:>for, because the rest of the compensation package is so shamefully poor.
:>A catalog-shopping firm I know of comes to mind. It was common knowledge
:>that you went here, picked their pockets for all the education you could
:>get in 2-3 years, then went to a "real" shop. The compensation package
:>for employees included only very minimal health insurance, with no
:>provision for dependants, below-average salaries, very rigid work hours,
:>minimal vacation time, all that kind of "stuff". CAn I say "Two sides to
:>every coin"??

Did it have a five letter name, beginning and ending with "s"?

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com