Mark Zelden wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:25:34 +0200, R.S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For example I've been using my previous laptop for 5 years, my desktop for
6 years.

Home or office? If office, you are probably the exception, but not really too much higher than average. I would say the average is about every 3 years.

Office. I *can* change my equipment on demand (since I'm QIP - Quite Important Person
<vbg>), but I don't. No need.
'Scheduled lifetime' for PC's is also a little bit more than 3 years. But mainframe
is changed definitely more frequently. <g>

BTW: in autumn '98 we got first computer. PC 166MHz Pentium MMX. 16MB of RAM. This computer is still in use in our operations room. 5 3270 sessions are active on it. BTW2: 2-3 years ago I disposed my 286 'for bridge' (card game) computer. Power supply failed. I had no will to find L-shaped P/S spare. Oh, I used is occassionally to copy 1.2MB 5.25" diskettes for older 3174s. The newer has 2.4MB drives and I couldn't use it. Even connected 2.4MB drive to a PC, but I was able to run it in 1.2MB mode only.
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2007 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci
opacony) wynosi 118.064.140 z. W zwizku z realizacj warunkowego
podwyszenia kapitau zakadowego, na podstawie uchwa XVI WZ z dnia 21.05.2003
r., kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA moe ulec podwyszeniu do kwoty 118.760.528
z. Akcje w podwyszonym kapitale zakadowym bd w caoci opacone.