Our Multiprise 3000 was powered off this weekend. It had been running z/OS 1.5 in one LPAR and VM in another. Most of the applications on the "expensive mainframe" have been replaced by SAP running on a combination of hardware (AIX/pseries and Winblows) which dwarfs the "mainframe". For example, all the databases for our administrative systems were previously about 30 gigabytes. This has been replaced by a system consuming dozens of terabytes. Progress is grand.
--

Matt Simpson
219 McVey Hall  -- (859) 257-2900 x300