Al Sherkow wrote:

> The LPARs do not need to be in the same sysplex.

Thanks Al,that all sounds like goodness.
Sorry I missed your session in Sydney a few weeks back - as you know I
was *real* close to occupying a seat.

Jacky Hofbauer wrote:

> I think that it is not satisfactory but it is better than the Lpar single
> Softcapping.
>
> Also I noted a problem: if just one LPAR in a group undergoes a loop of CPU,
> all the group can be "softcapped": It is dangerous!

This is inherent with any capping solution. Same thing happens with
resource groups under WLM - if one task "gets away" everyone else (in
the group) suffers.
What are you looking for - an ability to hard cap particular LPAR(s) (as
a member of a capacity group) ???.
Sounds reasonable to me - why don't you raise a requirement ???.

Shane ...