>Many types of data sets are limited to 65 535 total tracks
>allocated on any one volume, and if a greater number of tracks
>is required, this attempt to create a data set will fail.

One could enlarge those data set if a new unit type with larger
tracks would be defined.

I admit I'm too busy (lazy) right now to RTFM but would appreciate
any toughts on this (just curious). Why do we still keep the ~55k
track size and increase only the number of cylinders? With modern
DASD subsystems it shouldn't matter, right? What are the track size
limits in z/OS? I guess it's 64k, but still this would be 16% more.

Peter Hunkeler
Credit Suisse