I have a need to write an application that is client/server based. It
will be hosted on the z/OS system. What I have in mind is a system that
would function something akin to Omegamon. By this I mean that the
server component would be a started task that would communicate with
numerous slave applications to provide information to a client. The
client would be TSO based (possibly CICS or elsewhere later) that would
pass a request to the server and do some presentation to the user of the
response.

Does anyone have any sample code that would perform some / part / all of
what I describe? Right now, all I am looking for is the framework, but
something more complete would also be welcome. Pointers to other sites
are most welcome. I have looked at the CBT tape offerings, but nothing
there jumped out at me. If it's there, I just don't see it.

George Shedlock