---------------------<snip>--------------------

One guy complained to his Father about not being able to use a calculator and Daddy called me and proceeded to try his hardest to melt the phone wires. When I finally got his attention, I suggested he have the kid make change for a $13.95 purchase from a $20 bill without a calculator. The kid couldn't do it. Daddy called me back and apologized. He's a mechanical engineer. The kid was a SENIOR in high school!

(Some school districts here in Metro Chicago allow kids to use calculators as early as 2nd grade! I find this reprehensible!)

Have you ever read Asimov's "The Feeling of Power"?
No, I haven't. Are you suggesting that perhaps I should ??