Yes please!

Sent from Grant Ward Able's Blackberry

----- Original Message -----
From: Rick Fochtman [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07/20/2007 01:38 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Regarding SDSF pgm

-----------------------<snip>-------------------

The nasty part is testing bit fields in COBOL.  The LE bit test routines
are expensive to run.  (I haven't looked recently at COBOL to see if
there are native ways to do this that don't involve standing on one's
head.)

        CALL 'CEESITST' USING WORD-VALUE BIT-SELECT FC BIT-VALUE
IF NOT CEE000 THEN CALL "CEE3ABD" USING U0300, CLEANUP-CODE END-IF.

If you've got a decent PL/1 compiler, processing type-30 records is relatively trivial, once you get the record layout defined. I just "lifted" that section from the mapping macro and did "almost" a line-by-line conversion. If anyone's interested, contact me privately and I'll see if I still have it somewhere, along with a program tht uses it for some basic reporting stuff.

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.