Ed Gould wrote:
> Ken,
>
> I had access to EASYTREV ala 1979 and yes I did a lot of reporting
> with SMF data. However I could not (successfully) access all the new
> types of SMF records (those with variable subtypes and with variable
> portions of data). I was at one time able to access to get at the type
> 4 records (at the end) but it was so difficult I gave up trying. It
> would work sometimes. I was by no means an expert but it was a tool
> that for fixed portions of SMF was a great tool.
>
> Ed

I wrote a lot of assembler code to access SMF especially type 30 which
icorporated the type 4 and 5 records from memory. As a result I didn't
really use the EASYTREV (or  perhaps PANAUDIT as Ted McNeil suggested)
very much but the supplied code samples worked and could be modified to
do as required. I also used PL/1 to access SMF records but admit to
prefering my assembler routines. Whilst I never used COBOL I remember
thinking when one of the later versions (supporting ADDRESSED variables
from memory) come out it provided very similar coding techniques for SMF
that PL/1 provided and this was reinforced today by the samples provided
today by someone.

I apologize to that someone, I looked and thought yes then deleted
without remembering yoou name for later accredition.

Ken