In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Todd Burch) wrote:

> My biggest concern in going to the Mac was compatibility with "the rest of
> the world".  Not.
>
> Now, do people still send me Word docs and Powerpoint presentations?  Sure.
> And I forward them to my PC.  No biggy.

It's not really necessary to forward them to your PC.  You can run Word
and Powerpoint on a Mac.

If you already have a PC with Word and Powerpoint installed, it might be
easier/cheaper to continue using it for those documents instead of
buying the Mac Office and installing it.  But for those considering
making the switch, don't hesitate because you think you might need to
keep a Windows machine around for some purposes.  You don't have to if
you don't want to.

Aside from the Mac version of MS Office, there are Open Office and
NeoOffice for the Mac, at no cost, which can allegedly handle all those
documents. I haven't worked with them enough to know how well they work.
--
Matt Simpson --  z/OS Support
219 McVey Hall  -- (859) 257-2900 x300