On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:32:27 -0500, Patrick O'Keefe wrote:

>In a batch execution of IPCS, how do I enter an IPCS CTRACE
>command that is longer than 80 (or maybe 72) characters?
>I've got
> //SYSTSIN DD *
> %BLSCBSUQ WMSB.TCPIP.TRACE.SYSN.DATA.G0021V00
> //COMMAND DD *
>   CTRACE COMP(SYSTCPDA)
>    START(07/26/07,09.16.42.548700)
>     STOP(07/26/07,09.16.42.552500)
>    LOCAL FULL
>  END
>
>If I try standard TSO continuation characters  (+ or -) on the  CTRACE
>statement I get "INVALID KEYWORD -".   If I leave off the continuation
>character only the first line of the CTRACE statement is processed.
>
>I wouldn't be at all surprised to here that something other than
>BLSCBSUQ will process long commands, but can't find that (or any
>other IPCS command) documented.

I can't find BLSCBSUQ in the standard documentation either, but a google
search revealed it from an old IBM Redbook ("Interoperability Between VSE
DL/I and OS/390 IMS DBCTL").  The one reference there looked like this:

//SYSTSIN DD *
%BLSCBSUQ DUMP.D0508.H00.SC62.CICSD.S00018
IPCS NOPARM
EVALDEF CLIST(CONFIRM(CON) PRINT(PRT) SOURCE(SRC) TERMINAL(TRM)
FLAG(FLG)) LOCAL
SETDEF DSNAME(¢ DUMP.D0508.H00.SC62.CICSD.S00018¢ )   NOCONFIRM
PRINT -
NOTERMINAL FLAG(ERROR) LOCAL
VERBEXIT CICS520 ¢ CSA=2,DEF=3,DLI=1,TRS=<TRANID=CSSC,KE_NUM=12>¢
/*

Notice there is no "//COMMAND DD *" in it, so all of the input is part of
SYSTSIN?  That would give you the standard TSO continuation that you were
expecting.

That might also be a blind alley, since a search of the current IBM Redbook
site revealed zero hits using BLSCBSUQ as the sole search argument.
It might (or might not) be worth a try though.

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI