On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:33:24 -0400, Lizette Koehler wrote:

>>As long as each is 10 miles NE/SW from each other.......
>Now, did I include Vector Analysis in this question?
>
>My issue with this problem is the "it depends" clause.  I know that there are
hardware, telecom, power, etc... considerations.

Back in the days following September 11, 2001 there were recommendations
and edicts floating around that 350 miles is a good number. Within the
financial
markets industry, there was even talk that this would become part of SEC
rules and enforced. I don't believe that ever happened.

Although I can't find the SEC draft papers on this anymore, I'm sure there is
doc available. I have these book marks:

http://labmice.techtarget.com/disaster.htm

http://www.continuitycentral.com/

http://www.disaster-resource.com/

And there is also a certification group for Disaster Recovery Planners that
should have lots of recommendations. I can't find their website link at the
moment. Google BCP DR and you'll get a ton of hits. You might even be able to
find something relevant to your industry.

We are about 1800 miles from our hot site, so we are fairly confident that a
regional disaster won't affect both sites.