Hello list

We used to write our IMS SLDS logs, DB2 and MQ Series archive logs directly to
tape.

In order to get better tape utilization, we have converted these logs to disk
datasets, which are subsequently migrated to ML2(tape) by HSM.

Somewhat infrequently, we have found that HSM is so busy with other work that
the ML2 migration of our logs takes longer than an hour.  This triggers some
automated alerting, so that we can look into the problem.

Is there any way to tell HSM that HMIG commands for specific dataset patterns
(eg. IMSVS.SLDSS.*) should be handled as soon as possible, rather than just
placing them in a FIFO queue of work to be done?

Gary Jacek
TSDOSS - TELUS
250-413-8217