Hi Kenneth

Falling behind on HSM migration for these datasets is infrequent.
So this is not the 25 hour day problem.

Unfortunately, the datasets to be migrated are created just a few seconds
before the HMIG command is issued to migrate them.

The dataset names have an embedded timestamp that represents the start or end
of the log range.  So there is no way to predict the datasetname and issue the
HMIG command in advance.  Even if we can predict the datasetname, I'm not sure
HSM will let you queue the command if the dataset has not been
catalogued yet.

I was hoping there was an exit in HSM where one could code dataset patterns
like IMSVS.SLDSS.*.  Each time HSM goes looking for work in its input queue,
the exit would be invoked to scan for a pattern match and select our
IMSVS.SLDSS.* dataset activity for processing, in preference to other commands
that arrived earlier, affecting other non-critical dataset movements.

Gary

Gary Jacek
TSDOSS - TELUS
250-413-8217