Lizette Koehler wrote:
I am not VTAM or TCPIP savy, so if someone could guide me in the right direction.

What is the best way to send a page from the mainframe to a pager?
What equipment?
What software?
Do I need to send it to a midrange/server device?

I am hoping to see if we can create a stronger roll of the mainframe in our
environment.
we used to have an e-mail server that we could send a message to (I used XMITIP) and it would beep our pagers.

now, I use XMITIP and send the e-mail to my cell phone's text messaging service (i.e. [EMAIL PROTECTED]) and the messages show up on my cell phone.

--Stephen